- Maggots are freaking scary. Way worse than snakes, spiders, grizzly bears (even when they have that big snarly turned-up nose thing going on) and what have you. Why? Well, besides being all gross and squirmy and able to move across surfaces at an alarming speed (!), I now have first-hand knowledge that they are pretty damned resistant to straight bleach. It doesn't even seem to begin to phase them for a good 20 minutes. Blech. I'm not happy about the fact that I was able to discover that tidbit, nor am I happy that I'm the person who gets to deal with the outdoor trash cans. Hint, hint, Jay.
|Not nearly as scary as those nasty little buggers.|
- Blue jays are the Gilbert Gottfrieds of the avian world. Loud. And annoying. And yet there still remains a certain appeal that makes you say, "I guess they're not that bad." (That may be a "just me" thing.) I can't believe I just admitted that.
- If I were to suffer from some life threatening event, say, ohhh, a brain aneurysm, while Jay and the kids were watching Doctor Who, I'd be toast. Never mind that I wouldn't be discovered until somebody came looking for whatever the next meal may be and instead found me lying in a heap of rigor mortis somewhere.
- As much as I try to make it work, dust just doesn't cut it as an addition to our house's decor. Thicker and denser is not a plus.
- There has yet to be a product put on the market that truly makes dusting our house's decor not pure torture for me. Swiffer ads LIE.
- And finally, has Shirtless Running Guy been told by an informant that there's a crazy blogging lady who can't stop writing about him? I wonder. He made major eye contact with me a couple of weeks back. Almost accusing. I think I've got a giant case of covert picture-taking guilt.