Here are a few things that I'm grateful for (to my family and friends--forgive me--you guys are a given):
- Anything written by P. G. Wodehouse. In addition to every story being light and frivolous, reading his work makes you want to say things like, "Right-ho!" and "Jolly good!"
- Pansies, forsythia, and anything blooming after such a bleak and snowy winter.
- How our small community has embraced helping out one of its own, Taylor Sack. Taylor is a high school student here in our small Massachusetts town and suffered an injury to his spinal cord in a skiing accident back in February. People here have done everything from organizing fundraisers to helping Taylor's family remodel their house so it will be a better living space for him once he arrives home. One of Taylor's fellow classmates made a video for him to see how the work is coming along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1knd-q0Gjw The outpouring of love is just amazing. Makes you believe in humanity. [cue me sobbing uncontrollably] Here's a little more of Taylor's story: http://www.taylorsack.org/ .
- The announcement of a new venture for a great musician, Tim Shiel. He has begun recording with another talented artist, Ben Abraham, and together they are named Telling. Here is their first creation made available for our ears: https://soundcloud.com/#tellingmusic/stella Love it. I can't tire of it, and I'm looking forward to hearing lots more.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly as the flavor trend of the moment. Salted caramel is so yesterday. And what a great excuse to indulge in my all-time favorite combo, while staying in vogue.