31 May 2012

Oh, the Things Your CD Player Says About You

Jay and I switched cars today.  He had to fly out to California, so when he has to leave a car in the dicey Logan parking lot, he uses my piece of crapola and I get to use his. 

So, the time for school rolled around this morning and the kids and I loaded ourselves into his car.  I turned the key in the ignition and  what should come blaring out of the speakers, but "Up All Night" by One Direction, much to the squealing joy of our daughter.  Yup, it was her CD, in Jay's CD player, and apparently having been played the last time the car was used, which was last night.  By Jay.  While he was alone, driving home from work. 

Really?

He is currently on a plane and I know this is kind of low of me to be posting this blog without him being able to defend himself, but there will be plenty of time for that later.  Now I'm wondering:  he claims to love bands like The Decemberists, the Shins, Dave Matthews, etc.; but is there a secret cache of Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and One Direction somewhere that I don't know about?  And is it our daughter or is it Jay who is responsible for all of that bubblegum-pop crap on our iTunes account?  This is just too good to ignore.   And now the question remains: 
This was bought for our daughter.  Should it get handed down to Jay?


Meanwhile, our ska-loving son was in a total state of disgust upon realizing that his father was playing such atrocious sounds of his own will.  Such a role-model let-down!

On the plus side, Jay has lots of time to think of a good excuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment